Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!!!

Today is a beautiful day that we get to celebrate the role of the fathers and father figures in our life! Happy Fathers Day to all the great fathers, the sperm donors, and the fathers that stepped in and took up for others slack as well! Everyone's been uploading pics of their dads and I see alot of yall have some sexy fathers out there! (Creeper Alert) Lol! Today was a chill day for me and my family we went to church I helped my mom cook my dads favorite meal and now we're just waiting to watch the game together as a family.

Many people come from different types of homes and I myself came from a house where we put God first. My Dad is a minister, my mom sings in the choir, and all my uncles are mininsters or pastors as well as a few of my aunties. Going through my teenage stages me and my Dad didn't get along well at times because he would always try to be so strict with me but the older I get the more I understand that he was only trying to do what was best for me. I thank him for everything he has instilled me, every tough love moment he shared in me, and of course for supporting me financially and my three brothers as well through out the years. If anyone in my house went without it was always HIM as it should be with any father.

I know many aren't blessed to have their Father in their lifes as predominantly as I was so I am truly grateful for that and I dont take any moment for granted at all,even the bad times! If your Father wasn't there for you and you haven't spoken to him today I encourage you to reach out and call him! You never know when its someone's time to go and you don't want to regret not doing so.

HAVE A HAPPY FATHERS DAY READERS!





-Janelle Rose

**SHOOT FOR THE STARZ**

No comments:

Post a Comment